Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Intalling COMSOL in a different OS than the one used for the License manager

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I currently have installed COMSOL 4.0a in a Windows XP computer with the license manager, I have also installed the software in other laptops using different versions of Windows and they work fine when the license server machine is on. However I recently installed COMSOL 4.0 in a MacBook I am receiveing License manager error 96. I have ensured that the MacBook is conected to the same wireless net as the server machine but nothing happened.

Can anybody help me with this issue?

1 Reply Last Post 13.10.2010, 10:07 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.10.2010, 10:07 GMT-4
I would suggest contacting COMSOL support. I'm guessing the issue is not so much OS related as just a difference in the default wireless network setup (for example, the mac blocking port 1718 by default).

Also, I have also found installing the license manager to be helpful in dealing with license issues (even though you're not going to use it on the MacBook) because then you can use lmtools to check the connection to the license server.
I would suggest contacting COMSOL support. I'm guessing the issue is not so much OS related as just a difference in the default wireless network setup (for example, the mac blocking port 1718 by default). Also, I have also found installing the license manager to be helpful in dealing with license issues (even though you're not going to use it on the MacBook) because then you can use lmtools to check the connection to the license server.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.