Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot section of model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am stuck with a fairly simple probelm (at least I do hope so).

I have calculated a 2D model and I want to plot only a small detail of it. My model has dimensions of x=0-0.01 m and y=-0.02-0.02m. I want to plot a small detail section with x=0-0.001m and y=0-0.001m.

Whatever I setup in the view, the plot range is extended so that my plot is fitted in the Graphics window. Is there a way to switch this of so that I can only plot the desired range and everything around this box stays white in the plot window? I have only been able to do so if I allow a modified aspect ratio which does not help.

Any ideas?

Nils

3 Replies Last Post 14.01.2016, 04:24 GMT-5
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 13.01.2016, 16:05 GMT-5
Nils,

Right-click Surface node and select Filter. In the settings window for Filter type in the following expression in the “Logical expression for inclusion” edit window:
(x<=0.001)*(y<=0.001)

Please note, that your mesh size should be less than 1[mm] in order to be able to visualize 1mm by 1mm region.

Regards,
Sergei
Nils, Right-click Surface node and select Filter. In the settings window for Filter type in the following expression in the “Logical expression for inclusion” edit window: (x

Posted: 9 years ago 13.01.2016, 16:20 GMT-5
Sergei,

thank you for your solution. Unfortunately, the boundary of the plot is not straight any more (triangular elements). It looks more like a stamp on a letter :-)

are there any other solutions? I am also considering MLI if there is no solution in Comsol.
Sergei, thank you for your solution. Unfortunately, the boundary of the plot is not straight any more (triangular elements). It looks more like a stamp on a letter :-) are there any other solutions? I am also considering MLI if there is no solution in Comsol.

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 14.01.2016, 04:24 GMT-5
Hi Nils,

Are you running COMSOL Multiphysics version 5.2? In version 5.2, there is a new Smooth option (which is also the default setting) in the Filter node's settings. Using the smoothing you get the expected rectangle without any jagged edges due to the underlying mesh elements.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi Nils, Are you running COMSOL Multiphysics version 5.2? In version 5.2, there is a new Smooth option (which is also the default setting) in the Filter node's settings. Using the smoothing you get the expected rectangle without any jagged edges due to the underlying mesh elements. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.