Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reading old files

Licínio Gando-Ferreira

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi eveybody,

Let me know how to read old files (version 3.5) with the new version 4a.

Thanks in advance.
LMF

3 Replies Last Post 02.10.2010, 05:47 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.10.2010, 02:41 GMT-4
Hi

my way is to open them in 3.5a and resave them, then to open them in 4.0 (I hope that 4.1 will better translate older files ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi my way is to open them in 3.5a and resave them, then to open them in 4.0 (I hope that 4.1 will better translate older files ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Licínio Gando-Ferreira

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.10.2010, 05:29 GMT-4
Ivar,

Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately, my Comsol version 3.5a licence is not available anymore, therefore, is not possible open the old files!
Other suggestion will be welcome.
Thanks a lot.

Licínio
Ivar, Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, my Comsol version 3.5a licence is not available anymore, therefore, is not possible open the old files! Other suggestion will be welcome. Thanks a lot. Licínio

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.10.2010, 05:47 GMT-4
Hi

I have both and insisted to have both to allow me to read/save files, and nobody has said no (neither Comsol, nor my IT admins ;) All with the same licence

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have both and insisted to have both to allow me to read/save files, and nobody has said no (neither Comsol, nor my IT admins ;) All with the same licence -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.