Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Issues with Multiple Types of Meshing in Model- Faces Locked by Adjacent Domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all!
I've been having issues with my COMSOL project. I figured out how to add Swept Mesh (Triangular) to where I needed it, but I could not add Free Tetrahedral Mesh to the remaining geometry because some of the domains and faces/boundaries need Triangular Mesh. I was able to add Free Triangular Mesh to the two domains I needed, but when I try to do the same with the faces, I kept getting an error that claimed "The face is locked by adjacent mesh and cannot be remeshed." I even got the error message when I tried to use Boundary Layers to mesh the faces. These faces are adjacent to my swept mesh domains but I cannot get rid of the swept mesh nor can I just leave parts of my model without meshed.
Can anyone help me figure out how to completely mesh my model without compromising my swept mesh? Please let me know if you need more information on my project.
Thank you,
Devin

1 Reply Last Post 30.11.2015, 16:44 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 30.11.2015, 16:44 GMT-5
Hello Devin,
If I understand correctly, you are trying to mesh with tets a domain that shares a face with the sweeping direction of a domain meshed with swept mesh. If so, you can use a Convert node to turn the rectangular mesh faces into triangles before creating your tet mesh.
See the file attached.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Devin, If I understand correctly, you are trying to mesh with tets a domain that shares a face with the sweeping direction of a domain meshed with swept mesh. If so, you can use a Convert node to turn the rectangular mesh faces into triangles before creating your tet mesh. See the file attached. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.