Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Why can't I find the Symmetry Boundaries in Electrostatics(es) module (5.1version)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am so honored of joining the prestigious COMSOL big family, and I will appreciate all the helps from you.

When I was using the Electrostatics(es) module of COMSOL, three-dimensional, 5.1 version, I ran into 2 problems:

(1) Why can't I find the Symmetry Boundaries in Electrostatics(es) module (5.1version) ? Of course , I have learned from several pdf tutorials, and I can find Symmetry in other modules, for example, Laminar Flow, but in ES, I cann't. I guess such function is unnecessary to ES?

(2) I am doing an 3D Electrostatics(es) simulation , and I want to add an arbitrary curve(not straight line) into the arbitrary position of defined domain, this curve is not a real modeling, i mean it is just an immaterial sensor, I try to create such curve and get the electric field intensity along it, so if I make a XY-graph about it, the X-axis will be the distance from one end of the curve, and Y-axis will be the value of E-field on related distance(position). I don't think the Probes function can fit for my request......

I am looking forward to your replies.

Thank you very much.

0 Replies Last Post 15.10.2015, 02:41 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ming Cui

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.