Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Construction in 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I have one maybe trivial problem.. How can I curve helix around any construction or angle in 3D model? In attached picture it is around siple "C" solid (300°) for instance. Or is this specific case to do faster by 2D workplane?

3 Replies Last Post 09.10.2015, 11:16 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 08.10.2015, 16:41 GMT-4
You can build the geometric shape you wish by sweeping a disc along a suitably constructed parametric curve.
Best,
Jeff
You can build the geometric shape you wish by sweeping a disc along a suitably constructed parametric curve. Best, Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 09.10.2015, 09:23 GMT-4
Thank you for response, Jeff. Of course I think so It has to be done by sweep, but I´m doing something wrong. I´m trying to follow this spring by edge of inner circle and the result you can see in attached picture.
Thank you for response, Jeff. Of course I think so It has to be done by sweep, but I´m doing something wrong. I´m trying to follow this spring by edge of inner circle and the result you can see in attached picture.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 09.10.2015, 11:16 GMT-4
Please post the .mph file.
Jeff
Please post the .mph file. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.