Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to plot emw fase?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, I reached a good result for a hertzian dipole simulation and plotted the components along a 3D line, and I figured out that the results' graph shows the real part of the component.

I need to plot the fase variation along the planes, but I didn't found a expression from a complex form of the result. I put the Solver to split the real and imaginary part but the result don't converge.
If this is a repeated topic, I'm sorry..
Thank you!

2 Replies Last Post 09.10.2015, 07:47 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 08.10.2015, 22:10 GMT-4
For the phase of Ex, consider plotting atan2(imag(emw.Ex),real(emw.Ex))
For the phase of Ex, consider plotting atan2(imag(emw.Ex),real(emw.Ex))

Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 9 years ago 09.10.2015, 07:47 GMT-4
Piaga,

Also, you can use built-in function arg() to plot the phase of the complex-valued field: arg(emw.Ex).

Regards,
Sergei
Piaga, Also, you can use built-in function arg() to plot the phase of the complex-valued field: arg(emw.Ex). Regards, Sergei

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.