Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Metal Hydride storage simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I am performing simulation of metal hydride based storage system in Comsol 4.3a. It's a 3D model, I want to implemented variable wall temperature condition to the embedded cooling tubes(ECTs).
But somehow I am not able to do so.
I am using the following physics modules,
1. Heat transfer in porous media(T).
2. Darcy's law.
3. Heat transfer in fluids(T2).
Now for the ECTs I am using inlet face temp as To=293K, outlet face is insulated, and tube wall surtface temp is changing according to the variation To+((T2-To)*(1-exp(-(U*A)/(mf*cpf)))).
But the fluid temperature is not at all changed and remains constant at 298K.
Please help me with this.

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 13.10.2016, 22:34 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sayantan Jana

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Amine Alaoui Belghiti

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 13.10.2016, 22:34 GMT-4
would be extremely keen to know if you've solved The issue !!

Best regards
would be extremely keen to know if you've solved The issue !! Best regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.