Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with 'rflux' and 'ntflux_acc' in surface to surface radiation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I was trying to analyse a 2D state state model of surface-to-surface heat exchange between two concentric cylinders. The temperature at OD of the inner cylinder and the temperature at the ID of the outer cylinder is specified. However, when I compare the integral of 'rflux' and 'ntflux_acc' on any of these boundaries, these values are different.

If I understand right, the total heat transferred to the surface by radiation must be equal to the total heat transfer by conduction, so why are the two integrals different?

Regards,
Abhishek

0 Replies Last Post 20.09.2015, 11:12 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello A Basak

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.