Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MIcro-mixing of two different fluids

Karupothula Prashanth

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

In micro-fluid domain, fluids (which don't react with each other) may mix only by diffusion. So if I have two different fluids, having different inlets and a common outlet (lets assume a T- junction), with diffusion coefficients given, how would I go about simulating it ? I get stuck at how would I define such a domain and how would I couple the two physics. I am a novice.

Thank you for your help and time !

1 Reply Last Post 25.09.2015, 09:06 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Karupothula Prashanth

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Frank van Gool COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 25.09.2015, 09:06 GMT-4
Dear Karupothula,

Please take a look at the example on a micromixer:
www.comsol.com/model/controlled-diffusion-micromixer-12641

This explains how to setup a model like this.

Best regards,
Frank
Dear Karupothula, Please take a look at the example on a micromixer: http://www.comsol.com/model/controlled-diffusion-micromixer-12641 This explains how to setup a model like this. Best regards, Frank

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.