Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mr. Ivor..need your help to debug the error on Phase field flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Ivor,
i need a favor from you. please help me to debug the error for my system. the error is showing like : " ...
-------
Failed to find consistent initial values.
Division by zero.
Function: /
Failed to evaluate variable.
Variable: comp1.spf.vhNS quad, Defined as: (((((comp1.spf.tau c*(comp1.spf.res p^2))/(comp1.spf.rho*1.4142135623730951))+(comp1.spf.tau mCross*(comp1.spf.res u^2)))+(comp1.spf.tau mCross*(comp1.spf.res v^2)))/max((((comp1.spf.gijyx*((comp1.vy*(comp1.vx*comp1.spf.rho))+((comp1.uy*(comp1.ux*comp1.spf.rho))+(comp1.py*(comp1.px*comp1.spf.betaT)))))+(comp1.spf.gijyy*((comp1.spf.rho*(comp1.vy^2))+((comp1.spf.betaT*(comp1.py^2))+(comp1.spf.rho*(comp1.uy^2))))))+((comp1.spf.gijxx*(((comp1.spf.rho*(comp1.ux^2))+(comp1.spf.betaT*(comp1.px^2)))+(comp1.spf.rho*(comp1.vx^2))))+(comp1.spf.gijxy*((comp1.vy*(comp1.vx*comp1.spf.rho))+((comp1.uy*(comp1.ux*comp1.spf.rho))+(comp1.py*(comp1.px*comp1.spf.betaT))))))),eps))
Failed to evaluate expression.
Expression: nojac(((1.4142135623730951^(1-shapeorder(comp1.u)))*max((comp1.spf.vhNS lin-comp1.spf.vhNS quad),0)))
Failed to evaluate variable.
Variable: comp1.spf.vhNS, Defined as: nojac(((1.4142135623730951^(1-shapeorder(comp1.u)))*max((comp1.spf.vhNS lin-comp1.spf.vhNS quad),0)))
Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable.
Variable: comp1.spf.crosswindnsVDN${test18}, Defined as: ((comp1.spf.rho*comp1.spf.vhNS)*(((-comp1.spf.gijxx)*(comp1.px*comp1.spf.betaT))-(comp1.spf.gijxy*(comp1.py*comp1.spf.betaT))))
Failed to evaluate expression.
Expression: d((comp1.spf.crosswindns)*(dvol),{test18})
Last time step is not converged. ... "
--------

So I'm requesting you to look into this matter as you are the expert on this comsol. Then it would be very helpfull for the student like me.

--
Surjendu Maity
IIT-G
INDIA

0 Replies Last Post 18.06.2015, 17:21 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Surjendu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.