Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two electrodes in a solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I appreciate if anyone can assist me with the question I’m having. Assume a system where there are three stainless Steele electrodes dipped in a NaCl solution. I want to apply a square shaped voltage pulse with a certain frequency to one of the electrodes while the second electrode is grounded and the third electrode is floating (isolated from the other two and not connected to anything). I want to visualize
1. electric fields in the solution
2. currents inside the solution/through the grounded electrode
3. positive and negative charges inside the solution and around electrodes
4. potential on the floating electrode
Currently I’m using only "EC" module to do the simulation and I’m not sure if I’m getting the correct results for the currents and for the charge distributions. Can I do such a simulation with just "EC" module or do I need to use an "Electrochemical" module as well. Any suggestion or comment is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 06.06.2015, 11:28 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Saliya Kumara

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.