Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 3.4 Error - 4028 An invalid cavity was detected

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone.
i have a problem with Comsol:
I created a 3d model of a shell with a complex geometry in proe
Description of geometry: a shell with a gap inside. This results in two shells (thickness 6 mm and 5 mm) linked at base with an air gap inside (24 mm ). I've imported 2 shells of different thickness and i use the "difference" button.
I've imported my model in Comsol without problems. But when i wanted to realize the mesh, one surface of shell gave me this error (it was the external half surface of the external shell). I've noticed this problem even before meshing: when i clicked on the "boundary settings" button i saw this surface of the shell vanishing.

To solve my problem i tried to create the "missing surface" with proe and subsequently to import it in comsol. I clicked on "union" button and comsol gave me this error : Error: 2100 Internal error in geometry decomposition
Maybe it can be a tollerance problem but i don't know.
I 'll be very grateful if someone helps me

1 Reply Last Post 22.05.2015, 16:26 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 22.05.2015, 16:26 GMT-4
Does it give you a coordinate for where the cavity is? Have you tried zooming into that general area to observe how the mesh looks? What is the mesh quality in that region?

Regards,

Brandon
Does it give you a coordinate for where the cavity is? Have you tried zooming into that general area to observe how the mesh looks? What is the mesh quality in that region? Regards, Brandon

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.