Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculate overlap between two different models ( so 2 different studies)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am trying to calculate an overlap between two optical modes (2D), while sweeping a parameter in each model.
For example lets imagine you want to calculate the overlap between two different optical fibers, with sweeping diameters.

1. I defined my first model, and my first study.
2. Did the same for the second.
3. I can plot the modes as a function of the sweeping parameters
4. Using 1D plot/Line Graph, I can plotin the same curve my mode profiles for my different parameters, for each fiber( BUT I CAN'T export it as text, only as plot !) -> I can't do it easily with Maltab.
5. Trying the Join properties doesn't allow me for two sweeping parameters, so I can't compute the overlap in Comsol

What can I do. In the example below I only sweep for 10x10, but If I want a clean colorplot, I will need 100x100...

I anyone has a good idea, I would be very happy ;-)

0 Replies Last Post 21.05.2015, 09:07 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jean Teissier

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.