Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Automatic remeshing with deformed geometry/moving mesh singularity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to model a sphere that changes phase from the outer radius moving inwards, but I'm having some difficulties. Using deformed geometry I can simulate it up to a certain time, however after that the mesh deformation becomes too large, causing the simulation to stop converging.

1. Should I use deformed geometry or moving mesh for this?

2. I tried using automatic remeshing but regardless of the condition I use, it instantly reaches a singularity after remeshing:
The following feature has encountered a problem:
Repeated error test failures. May have reached a singularity.
Time : 0.5516356412745114
Last time step is not converged.
- Feature: Automatic Remeshing 1 (sol1/t1/ar1)
How can I stop it reaching a singularity?

I added a picture showing what the mesh looks like after remeshing, which seems fine, so I'm not sure why it reaches a singularity. I already tried varying the time steps and mesh sizes, with same results.

1 Reply Last Post 25.02.2016, 22:18 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sebastiaan Klaasse

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 25.02.2016, 22:18 GMT-5
Hi,
Have you find answer for your question?
I also have a same problem!
Do you have other approach?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Zhang Wei

Hi, Have you find answer for your question? I also have a same problem! Do you have other approach? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Zhang Wei

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.