Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

independent variable derivative in piece-wise function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good day all,

Lets say I am solving a general form PDE for a variable 'u' and I define some piece-wise function in terms of 'u' (i.e. pw1(u)).

My question is, it is possible to evaluate the spatial derivative of 'u' within the definition of this piece-wise function? i.e.

pw1(u) = F(ux,uy) where 'F' is some expression in the piece-wise function definition that is a function of grad(u)

Is there a clever or optimized way of implementing this?

0 Replies Last Post 01.03.2015, 02:30 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Philip Clarke

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.