Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RF source modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to model an RF transmitter that I am using to harvest energy in a project. The transmitter is from, powercast and the model number is TX91501. The only electrical specifications that appear in the data sheet are:

Frequency: 915MHz
Output Power: 1Watt
Beam pattern :60° width, 60° height Vertical Polarization (with logo in upright position)
Modulation Power: Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS), Data: Amplitude Shift Keying (ASK)

I am having trouble identifying the best way to simulate this part. I want to place it below a cage and simulate power density and reflection inside of the cage. The examples that I have seen all have an electric field coming off a border line in a 2D design. But my model is 3D and I do not know how to recreate the 60 degree angle that the transmitter is outputting. Should this be done creating a port? an antenna? any suggestions are welcomed since this is my very first COMSOl project.

Thank you very much

1 Reply Last Post 12.02.2015, 11:59 GMT-5
Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 12.02.2015, 11:59 GMT-5
Dear Simon,

If you are just getting started with COMSOL we recommend that you start by working through some of the existing Model Library examples of antennas in the RF Module: www.comsol.com/models/rf-module
Note that these all come with step-by-step instructions to guide you as you learn COMSOL.

Best Regards,
Walter
Dear Simon, If you are just getting started with COMSOL we recommend that you start by working through some of the existing Model Library examples of antennas in the RF Module: http://www.comsol.com/models/rf-module Note that these all come with step-by-step instructions to guide you as you learn COMSOL. Best Regards, Walter

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.