Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Any tips to locally refine a swept mesh?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have long skinny cylinder inside a porous medium with various geometric bits and pieces. A swept mesh works pretty well and the FP module converges fine.

But I'd like to do local refinement.. I know that I can add nodes to distribution in the swept direction, but that increases mesh everywhere.

If I do a conversion to tetrahedral the FP doesn't converge because of all the nasty long thing tetrahedra....

Any thoughts how I could do a local refinement?

Regards, John
p.s. Actually related question on adaptive mesh refinement - does that work on swept grids?

1 Reply Last Post 28.11.2014, 04:07 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 28.11.2014, 04:07 GMT-5
Hi

Since you already have used distribution property in the swept mesh, I could not quite understand what kind of refinement you are looking for. But one way is to split your cylinder in smaller pieces and mesh pieces separately. Comsol takes care of continuity issues etc. across boundaries when the domains are under the same physics.

br
Lasse
Hi Since you already have used distribution property in the swept mesh, I could not quite understand what kind of refinement you are looking for. But one way is to split your cylinder in smaller pieces and mesh pieces separately. Comsol takes care of continuity issues etc. across boundaries when the domains are under the same physics. br Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.