Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient Simulation - Continue option

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have ran my transient simulation from 0 - 900 s with 1 s time step.

Now I want to continue the simulation from 900 s - 960 s with 1 s time step.

How to do this?

3 Replies Last Post 04.11.2014, 08:10 GMT-5

Posted: 10 years ago 04.11.2014, 06:42 GMT-5
So which part is the problem, the 1s timestep or continuing with the simulation for another 60 s?
So which part is the problem, the 1s timestep or continuing with the simulation for another 60 s?

Posted: 10 years ago 04.11.2014, 07:02 GMT-5
Thanks Pieter

"continuing with the simulation for another 60 s"

I want to extend my simulation for 60 more seconds. This is my problem.
Thanks Pieter "continuing with the simulation for another 60 s" I want to extend my simulation for 60 more seconds. This is my problem.

Posted: 10 years ago 04.11.2014, 08:10 GMT-5
Of course you can just change your transient simulation to simulate up to 960 s, but if from 900 s onwards you have some different conditions you can do it by putting a second transient node to your study, or even make a new transient study, and set the solution optained from the first transient simulation as the initial condition for your new transient simulation.
Of course you can just change your transient simulation to simulate up to 960 s, but if from 900 s onwards you have some different conditions you can do it by putting a second transient node to your study, or even make a new transient study, and set the solution optained from the first transient simulation as the initial condition for your new transient simulation.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.