Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error occuring while uploding Comsol file in discussion forum

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am trying to upload Comsol file in discussion forum,but 'file extension error' is occuring while uploading.Please help me for this error.

7 Replies Last Post 13.07.2017, 12:04 GMT-4
Jonas Inhestern COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 years ago 29.08.2014, 07:39 GMT-4
Hello Sachin,
perhaps your file is too large for uploading. Delete all results and the mesh in your model and try it again.
Regards, Jonas
Hello Sachin, perhaps your file is too large for uploading. Delete all results and the mesh in your model and try it again. Regards, Jonas

Posted: 7 years ago 03.06.2017, 08:21 GMT-4
I have the same problem!

I have tried to upload a lot of files with different extensions (*.jpg, *.mph, *.png etc.) just to check it out. I even tried various *.mph file sizes, and I still cannot upload my model. I also tried it on different computers. I always get the "file extension error." It's pretty frustrating because it's a critical issue.

In addition to this, I can't see the *.mph file in the open window. It's so weird...

Any updates on this?
I have the same problem! I have tried to upload a lot of files with different extensions (*.jpg, *.mph, *.png etc.) just to check it out. I even tried various *.mph file sizes, and I still cannot upload my model. I also tried it on different computers. I always get the "file extension error." It's pretty frustrating because it's a critical issue. In addition to this, I can't see the *.mph file in the open window. It's so weird... Any updates on this?

Posted: 7 years ago 03.06.2017, 13:11 GMT-4
Updated: 7 years ago 03.06.2017, 13:15 GMT-4

I have the same problem!

I have tried to upload a lot of files with different extensions (*.jpg, *.mph, *.png etc.) just to check it out. I even tried various *.mph file sizes, and I still cannot upload my model. I also tried it on different computers. I always get the "file extension error." It's pretty frustrating because it's a critical issue.

In addition to this, I can't see the *.mph file in the open window. It's so weird...

Any updates on this?

Paul,
I encountered the same problem a few days ago. Use another browser to upload your file. I changed the browser from chrome to internet explorer and it worked.
"There's life in the old dog yet"
Amin,
[QUOTE] I have the same problem! I have tried to upload a lot of files with different extensions (*.jpg, *.mph, *.png etc.) just to check it out. I even tried various *.mph file sizes, and I still cannot upload my model. I also tried it on different computers. I always get the "file extension error." It's pretty frustrating because it's a critical issue. In addition to this, I can't see the *.mph file in the open window. It's so weird... Any updates on this? [/QUOTE] Paul, I encountered the same problem a few days ago. Use another browser to upload your file. I changed the browser from chrome to internet explorer and it worked. "There's life in the old dog yet" Amin,

Posted: 7 years ago 03.06.2017, 13:40 GMT-4
It worked! Thank you, Mohammad.
It worked! Thank you, Mohammad.

Posted: 7 years ago 13.07.2017, 06:44 GMT-4
I also have this problem. I wanted to attach an image but appear "File extension error".

I was using Firefox and tried also with Internet Explorer but without result

Thank you
I also have this problem. I wanted to attach an image but appear "File extension error". I was using Firefox and tried also with Internet Explorer but without result Thank you

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 7 years ago 13.07.2017, 06:59 GMT-4
Hi

Due to security reasons, I believe, COMSOL has limited the file extension accepted here on the Forum, I normally use jpg or png and those upload OK.
The other limitation, is the max file size, but cleaning up the models before uploading them keeps them within the limits imposed

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Due to security reasons, I believe, COMSOL has limited the file extension accepted here on the Forum, I normally use jpg or png and those upload OK. The other limitation, is the max file size, but cleaning up the models before uploading them keeps them within the limits imposed -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 7 years ago 13.07.2017, 12:04 GMT-4
What is the maximum size of a file that can be uploaded in COMSOL discussion?

Saurabh
What is the maximum size of a file that can be uploaded in COMSOL discussion? Saurabh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.