Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

call variables in different library

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using COMSOL to solve a set of PDEs. (the PDE in coefficient form , time dependent)
in the first PDE: the variables are: rho( density of species 1 ), u ( displacement of species 1 ), t (time)
in the second PDE: the variables are: c ( concentration of species 2), u (displacement of species 1 ), rho( density of species 1 ),t (time)

here comes my question:

- How to i define these variables?
Do i define the variables in global definition? what about the expression?
- How do i call variables in different library?
For example: I write the 1st PDE in the first study: C1 , the 2nd PDE in second study C2
then i want to call a variable from 1st PDE to 2nd PDE, in particular, rho. How can i do it?
Is it: " C1.rho" to call the variable rho in C2? I have the error that the " C1.rho" turn to yellow, what is the mistake here?

pls help me ~~~~QQ

0 Replies Last Post 19.08.2014, 13:06 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Darren Feng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.