Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cyclic Dependencies in an AR coating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am currently working on modeling an antireflection coating by building a model based off of the Plasmonic Wire Grating tutorial. I have attached the model, so I'll skip over the particulars of how its built. Every time I try to solve, the model generates an error -
"There are cyclic dependencies.
- Variable name: root.comp1.mat12.rfi.n11
Error in multiphysics compilation."

Anyone know what is going on?

4 Replies Last Post 01.01.2016, 04:49 GMT-5

Posted: 10 years ago 22.07.2014, 15:16 GMT-4
Sorry forgot to attach the file.
Sorry forgot to attach the file.

Posted: 9 years ago 22.05.2015, 07:55 GMT-4
Hello Sahil Hasan, I have got the same problem when the version 4.3a is used. If you have solved your problem, could you please tell me the solution? Thanks in advance.
Hello Sahil Hasan, I have got the same problem when the version 4.3a is used. If you have solved your problem, could you please tell me the solution? Thanks in advance.

Saeed Mazrouei Sebdani

Posted: 9 years ago 09.06.2015, 12:11 GMT-4
hi,

could you solve your problem? i am facing the same problem. could you please help me ?
hi, could you solve your problem? i am facing the same problem. could you please help me ?

Posted: 9 years ago 01.01.2016, 04:49 GMT-5

"There are cyclic dependencies.
- Variable name: root.comp1.mat12.rfi.n11
Error in multiphysics compilation."

Try to rename the variable n11 (for eg, n11a). Hope it works, for me it worked.

"There are cyclic dependencies. - Variable name: root.comp1.mat12.rfi.n11 Error in multiphysics compilation." Try to rename the variable n11 (for eg, n11a). Hope it works, for me it worked.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.