Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bidirectional coupling of "Conductive media DC" with " Heat Transfer by conduction"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am coupling "conductive media dc" to "heat transfer with conduction" to see the effect of electrical conductivity due to thermal heating and vice versa.

In the "heat transfer with conduction" mode, I have used the resistive heating "Q_dc" as Heat source value.
My question is that, for bidirectional coupling, should I use any related value of heat transfer to the current source tab in "conductive media dc" mode. Here, I am using the anisotropic conductivity.

For seeing the heat transfer effect on anisotropic conductivity, should there be any temperature dependent formula be used or the formula is already integrated in the software and it will calculate the change of conductivity automatically.

Could you anyone please let me know the answer. If there is any ambiguity in understanding the question, please let me know.

Thanks

7 Replies Last Post 17.07.2014, 03:29 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.07.2014, 10:20 GMT-4
Are you using conductivity 'from material' or 'user defined'? In the first case you have to check if the material property is given temperature dependent. In the later case you have to specify the temperature dependency yourself anyway.
Are you using conductivity 'from material' or 'user defined'? In the first case you have to check if the material property is given temperature dependent. In the later case you have to specify the temperature dependency yourself anyway.

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.07.2014, 10:45 GMT-4
I am using "user defined" conductivity and it is temperature dependent.
I am using "user defined" conductivity and it is temperature dependent.

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.07.2014, 02:42 GMT-4
So you already have a temperature dependent expression for the temperature dependent material properties? That should be enough right? Or is there an other problem?
So you already have a temperature dependent expression for the temperature dependent material properties? That should be enough right? Or is there an other problem?

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.07.2014, 12:04 GMT-4
Hi

I have a temperature dependent expression for my material. But the problem is that, now I want to see the temperature vs conductivity graph. I mean, how the conductivity varies with increasing temperature. But I can't figure out how to get this graph. Because, ultimately, this will be my output.

Thanks
Hi I have a temperature dependent expression for my material. But the problem is that, now I want to see the temperature vs conductivity graph. I mean, how the conductivity varies with increasing temperature. But I can't figure out how to get this graph. Because, ultimately, this will be my output. Thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.07.2014, 04:06 GMT-4
Can you maybe upload your model? Maybe that will help me better understand you.
Can you maybe upload your model? Maybe that will help me better understand you.

Posted: 10 years ago 16.07.2014, 16:34 GMT-4
Hi

I couldn't attache the .fl file. Here, I attached the model file.

Could you please get any idea from model file. If you have any problem in understanding, please let me know.

Thanks
Hi I couldn't attache the .fl file. Here, I attached the model file. Could you please get any idea from model file. If you have any problem in understanding, please let me know. Thanks

Posted: 10 years ago 17.07.2014, 03:29 GMT-4
Oh sorry I do not know about FEMLAB or Matlab livelink.
Oh sorry I do not know about FEMLAB or Matlab livelink.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.