Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using results from the previous time step

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is there any way to use the results of the previous time step when using the time dependent solver? I'm solving for saturation and want to compare the level of saturation with the previous saturation, for example if Sat(k-1) > Sat(k) use the value of Sat(k-1) in further calculations. I know that you can use the prev() operator with the time discrete solver but when I use this solver it seems to freeze my computer.

1 Reply Last Post 11.07.2014, 05:03 GMT-4
Frank van Gool COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11.07.2014, 05:03 GMT-4
Dear Michelle,

probably a search on hysteresis modeling in COMSOL can help you with this.
Typically you can use a PDE which stores whether you are in imbibition or in drainage.

Alternatively you may search on imbibition - drainage, but that is much less common I assume.

Best regards,
Frank
Dear Michelle, probably a search on hysteresis modeling in COMSOL can help you with this. Typically you can use a PDE which stores whether you are in imbibition or in drainage. Alternatively you may search on imbibition - drainage, but that is much less common I assume. Best regards, Frank

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.