Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

1D Model Plotting Problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a problem of plotting when combining results computed at differernt boundary points in a 1D model. I could not find the solution to the problem in the time I spent looking through the forums, so please help me.

I have a 1D model with two domains and four boundary points. I solved the model, and obtained etaa (anode overpotential) at boundary 2, and etac (cathode overpotential) at boundary 3. These have to be defined at the respective boundaries because they use the computed value of concentrations only at these respective points.

I am able to plot each of these separately against current, which I swept as a parameter. But when I try to plot cell voltage V=E0a-E0c-etaa-etac-icell*(Rcont+lm/sigmam), COMSOL complains that it is not able to evaluate etaa at boundary 3, and etac at boundary 2. How can I get combine these variables to plot according to the expressions above? Do I have to use LiveLink to MATLAB?

I have attached my .mph file for your perusal. The failure is in Point Graph 3. I have also attached the paper from which I took my model.

Thanks very much for your time,
Vivekanand

0 Replies Last Post 17.06.2014, 12:30 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vivekanand Sreekanth

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.