Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface Plasmon resonance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone.

Namaste from India.

I want to simulate prism coupled surface plasmon resonance sensors in Kretschmann configuration. Could you please tell me the modules we can use to do full scale analysis. I tried using the Fresnel equations module under Wave optics. Is it the right approach? I also wanted to know the outline of how to proceed with it so that I could get a basic idea.

My main aim is to calculate the reflection and transmission coefficients and find the Reflectance value and compare it with the incident angle of incidence at the prism surface.

The Fresnel eqautions module consists of analysing two layers of medium. A dielectric medium and air and the simulations are based on that. I would like to implement in a similar approach using gold film placed on a dielectric which simulates the surface plasmonic resonance because of the metal dielectric interface.

Please suggest the methodology to proceed with the project.

Regards,
Shreyas.

2 Replies Last Post 22.05.2016, 22:43 GMT-4
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.06.2014, 08:43 GMT-4
Shreyas,

Both RF and Wave Optics physics interfaces can be used to solve this problem.
There are several papers from Comsol conferences about surface plasmon resonance for both Kretschmann-Raether and Otto configurations – try to search keywords “surface plasmon resonance”.

Regards,
Sergei
Shreyas, Both RF and Wave Optics physics interfaces can be used to solve this problem. There are several papers from Comsol conferences about surface plasmon resonance for both Kretschmann-Raether and Otto configurations – try to search keywords “surface plasmon resonance”. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 8 years ago 22.05.2016, 22:43 GMT-4

hi I am also facing the similar problem if you solve the problem like placing gold metal film between that kindly share your model with me
regards
--
sherry
hi I am also facing the similar problem if you solve the problem like placing gold metal film between that kindly share your model with me regards -- sherry

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.