Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Computing two physics models Simultaneously

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to combine MAGNETIC FIELD physics with Electromagnetic Waves, Frequency Domain physics for a Helmholtz coil application. In middle of coils is a FR4 board with transmission line on it. I need to encase this board in a perfect electric conductor block. This where I need the Electromagnetic Waves, Frequency Domain physics.

However, I can never get both the models to work together. Infact, Electromagnetic Waves, Frequency Domain never gets computed in the presence of Magnetic field physics.

Can anyone suggest anything?

1 Reply Last Post 12.06.2014, 08:45 GMT-4
Luke Gritter Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.06.2014, 08:45 GMT-4
Sampada,

This could be caused by an incompatibility between one of the physics interfaces and the study step. If the magnetic field is not being solved in the frequency domain, you should be using a Stationary or Time-Dependent study step, but this will cause the EWFD interface to not solve if you keep the default settings. On the Electromagnetic Waves, Frequency Domain node, set the Equation Form to "Frequency Domain", set the Frequency to "User Defined", and enter the appropriate frequency. (To see these settings, the "Equation Sections" option needs to be checked in the "Show" menu.) This will enable the EWFD interface to solve the frequency domain equation even though a Frequency Domain study step is not being used.

--
Luke Gritter
AltaSim Technologies
Sampada, This could be caused by an incompatibility between one of the physics interfaces and the study step. If the magnetic field is not being solved in the frequency domain, you should be using a Stationary or Time-Dependent study step, but this will cause the EWFD interface to not solve if you keep the default settings. On the Electromagnetic Waves, Frequency Domain node, set the Equation Form to "Frequency Domain", set the Frequency to "User Defined", and enter the appropriate frequency. (To see these settings, the "Equation Sections" option needs to be checked in the "Show" menu.) This will enable the EWFD interface to solve the frequency domain equation even though a Frequency Domain study step is not being used. -- Luke Gritter AltaSim Technologies

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.