Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Sheet Folding around a Cylinder

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I would like to make a 3D simulation of a thin film folding around a solid cylinder. I attached a picture of what my geometry would look like at the beginning. At the end, I want to be able to make the sheet conform to the cylinder. However, I am not sure what is the best physics model to do that. Should I use Solid Mechanics and apply a uniform force on the sheet? If so, what would my boundary conditions be? Or should I go with a surface tension model?

Thank you for your help and your time.

Julien

1 Reply Last Post 23.05.2014, 18:09 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.05.2014, 18:09 GMT-4
Nobody has an idea how I could that?

Or maybe, is it possible to easily bend a given geometry around a defined axis?

Thank you.
Nobody has an idea how I could that? Or maybe, is it possible to easily bend a given geometry around a defined axis? Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.