Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

4.4 Software problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I just noticed a disturbing thing in COMSOL 4.4 (the equivalent of windows 8 in terms of GUI horribleness in my opinion).

In previous versions, if the "low minimum element quality" warning arises then a small yellow triangle would show up somewhere in the mesh node.

In 4.4, this is not the case, and the warning is only shown in the "Log" tab.

Regards,

1 Reply Last Post 25.02.2014, 02:21 GMT-5
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 25.02.2014, 02:21 GMT-5
Hi,

As far as I can see, this is not a problem that is specific to version 4.4. The warning about "Low minimum element quality" appears in the Log window if the mesh quality of any mesh element is below 1e-4, whereas a Warning node for inverted elements appears if any mesh element is inverted; that is, its mesh quality is <=0.

Probably the mesh quality in version 4.4 is somewhat better than before so that the minimum element quality is >0 but still <1e-4, but without access to the model it's hard to say.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, As far as I can see, this is not a problem that is specific to version 4.4. The warning about "Low minimum element quality" appears in the Log window if the mesh quality of any mesh element is below 1e-4, whereas a Warning node for inverted elements appears if any mesh element is inverted; that is, its mesh quality is 0 but still

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.