Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Saving electric field plots

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have programmed a simulation to output the intensity of the backscattered reflection off a particle due to an incident Gaussian beam.

In order to do this I have declared my far-field domain and boundary of my geometry and am using derived values (line average) to output the averaged backscattered reflection from the moving particle at this boundary (like a detector would in an imaging system). I am using a parametric sweep to change the position of my particle with respect to my incident beam (at 0,0) in an effort to recover the backscattered information. Firstly, I would appreciate opinions whether or not this approach is correct? Also I wish to output the electric field plot with every positon of the particle per the parametric sweep in order to make a movie of the movement - is this possible?

Kind regards,
Susan

0 Replies Last Post 19.02.2014, 05:07 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Susan Daly

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.