Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

total flux condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,
Does anybody know how to introduce the Robin condition (total flux condition) for the chemical species transport module?
Thanks,
Joana.

2 Replies Last Post 22.01.2014, 09:21 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 21.01.2014, 03:58 GMT-5

Hi everybody,
Does anybody know how to introduce the Robin condition (total flux condition) for the chemical species transport module?
Thanks,
Joana.

Hi

Robin condition:

a*c + b*grad(c) = g <=> c = A*grad(c) + B

Hence, use the concentration boundary condition by writing in the concentration box (3D case)

A*(cx+cy+cz) + B

and define A and B in the parameters list. I tried this in 1D and it worked fine.

BR
Lasse
[QUOTE] Hi everybody, Does anybody know how to introduce the Robin condition (total flux condition) for the chemical species transport module? Thanks, Joana. [/QUOTE] Hi Robin condition: a*c + b*grad(c) = g c = A*grad(c) + B Hence, use the concentration boundary condition by writing in the concentration box (3D case) A*(cx+cy+cz) + B and define A and B in the parameters list. I tried this in 1D and it worked fine. BR Lasse

Posted: 1 decade ago 22.01.2014, 09:21 GMT-5

Hi everybody,
Thanks,
Joana.

Hi

Robin condition:

a*c + b*grad(c) = g <=> c = A*grad(c) + B

Hence, use the concentration boundary condition by writing in the concentration box (3D case)

A*(cx+cy+cz) + B

and define A and B in the parameters list. I tried this in 1D and it worked fine.

BR
Lasse

Thanks, the problem is already solved.

Joana.

[QUOTE] [QUOTE] Hi everybody, Does anybody know how to introduce the Robin condition (total flux condition) for the chemical species transport module? Thanks, Joana. [/QUOTE] Hi Robin condition: a*c + b*grad(c) = g c = A*grad(c) + B Hence, use the concentration boundary condition by writing in the concentration box (3D case) A*(cx+cy+cz) + B and define A and B in the parameters list. I tried this in 1D and it worked fine. BR Lasse [/QUOTE] Thanks, the problem is already solved. Joana.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.