Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem to converge a Reaction engineering, Diluted species transport and laminar flow coupled system.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to degrade one component in a 3D geometry along with diluted species transport and laminar flow in it. My simulation runs okay in stationary study (i used step function here). But when i want to use time dependent study on 3D it shows many errors and failure to find initial values or failure to evaluate variables.

I was wondering that, may be i have used a wrong solver. The concentrations of the species in reaction engineering works easily with time dependent study but i am unable to converge when i synchronize with mass and momentum.

So this time i thought of using time dependent,fixed geometry as my solver. and it is taking infinite time to solve. Am i following the currect way? Is it possible to solve with time dependent fixed geometry? as i used 3d geometry for my laminar flow and tranport diluted species.

FYI: I am using 4.2v of COMSOL.

Please contribute your comsol knowledge. I will be grateful.

0 Replies Last Post 27.11.2013, 03:06 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Farhana Tisa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.