Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

initial value for stationary and time dependent solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I got a little confused with the initial values. For the stationary solvers, does COMSOL use this value as a first guess always? I understand that this happens for the iterative solvers, but does it also happen for the direct solvers?
And that would bring my second question, regarding the time dependent solvers. Since COMSOL needs an initial guess to determine a solution at the stationary solver (at least for the iterative solver), I suppose that it would require an initial guess for every time step, in case we are using a time-dependent solver. If so, can I determine this initial guess for every time step? And is it possible to be a different initial guess for every time step?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you very much!

0 Replies Last Post 24.10.2013, 21:28 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nancy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.