Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

two phase flow combined with porous media

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have a 3D model of a DMFC channel. The physics associated with this channel are:

1. Secondary current distribution

Cathode side:
2. Transport of concentrated species
3. Free and porous media flow

Anode side:
4. free and porous media flow
5. Transport of diluted species

I have methanol and water on the anode side while CO2 will be formed during the electrochemical reaction.
The model only considers one phase flow. This model works well.

Now I want to modify this model for a two phase flow. In such a condition CO2 will be formed as gas bubbles.
I presume I should use the multi phase, bubbly flow for that. But my question is that
1. how to connect all the physics on the anode side together (I already gave the velocity BC in free and porous media physics).
2. Which boundary conditions I need to define for the bubbly flow
3. How can I say CO2 is the only composition in the gas phase not for example H2O.

any help is really appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post 05.09.2013, 05:42 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Elham Hosseinzadeh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.