Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is wave equation automatically included in plasma reactor interface for microwave plasma module?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out the domain equations taken into consideration for plasma model node in microwave plasma module.
If I create only one geometry in my simulation and specify it as an active domain for plsama model, in which Poisson's equaiton and a couple of drift-diffusion equations are taken for calcualtion according to the manual, is wave equation also solved in this geometry (I've checked the microwave plasma node and am of certain that this geometry is also included in the domain selection panel)?

Thanks for anyone's help in advance.

PS. I know I can create a Wave Equation node. But in this case, the couple of drift-diffusion equations for electron energy and density are excluded, which is not the model I need.

1 Reply Last Post 15.07.2013, 08:39 GMT-4
Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.07.2013, 08:39 GMT-4
The wave equation is solved in the Plasma Model feature. See the example Model Library>Plasma Module>Wave-Heated Discharges>inplane_microwave_plasma for more information.
The wave equation is solved in the Plasma Model feature. See the example Model Library>Plasma Module>Wave-Heated Discharges>inplane_microwave_plasma for more information.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.