Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Model-step index fibre

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I saw a pdf conference, in the Comsol conference 2010 with Anil Prabhaka and his work was about the Engineering Light and in the presentation he shows Model Library was a Tutorial called Step index fibre, but I didn't find, why? this tutorial is out of line?
Thanks
Virginia

3 Replies Last Post 03.07.2013, 12:39 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 27.06.2013, 16:42 GMT-4
Perhaps this is the model you are looking for:
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/145/
JF
Perhaps this is the model you are looking for: http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/145/ JF

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.07.2013, 18:08 GMT-4
yes, thanks... few minutes later i found this also.
yes, thanks... few minutes later i found this also.

Posted: 1 decade ago 03.07.2013, 12:39 GMT-4
Hello, I'm trying to simulate a fiber in 3D, but I´m a little confused about the geometry... when I choose a cylinder I and cylinder 2, in this step the boolean operation is union or difference?... (cyl 2 is the nucleus and the cyl1 the cladding with different refractive index), but when I put the materials I need differentiate the silica with the doped, but in this case I haven´t choose for the boundaries, is necessary create another cylinder?... any person understand my question or interest to answer me? please... thanks!
Hello, I'm trying to simulate a fiber in 3D, but I´m a little confused about the geometry... when I choose a cylinder I and cylinder 2, in this step the boolean operation is union or difference?... (cyl 2 is the nucleus and the cyl1 the cladding with different refractive index), but when I put the materials I need differentiate the silica with the doped, but in this case I haven´t choose for the boundaries, is necessary create another cylinder?... any person understand my question or interest to answer me? please... thanks!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.