Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I simulate microwave 2.45GHz interference in nanoparticles?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm using COMSOL to calculate the scattering parameters for a structure of nanoparticles for a microwave with a frequency of 2.45GHz. An error appears in the end of the calculation every time the size of the domain is much smaller than the wavelength. Witch is always the case for me. Is this normal in comsol? How can I overcome this problem?

Even when I try reproduce a plane wave with 12 cm wavelength in an empty space cube with a small dimension, inferior or equal to 10 micrometers the same error appears:

Failed to find a solution.
The relative error (0.37) is greater than the relative tolerance.
Returned solution is not converged.

You will probably find this error as well if you simply decrease the dimensions of the periodic_boundary_condition model.

0 Replies Last Post 23.06.2013, 11:40 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ricardo Mimoso

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.