Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

transport of dilute species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to have solute transfer in a flowing fluid only due to convection and not diffusion. If I put diffusivity to be very low, no transfer occurs at all and the concentration of solute is seen to be only at the inlet.
So how to deal with this problem?

2 Replies Last Post 16.06.2013, 05:21 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.06.2013, 14:55 GMT-4
Hi,

It is difficult to say why without seeing your file.

But it could be because:

1. Defined convective velocity could be incredibly low so that in the time frame you do not see the change.

2. Defined convective velocity could have a wrong sign convention.

Suresh
Hi, It is difficult to say why without seeing your file. But it could be because: 1. Defined convective velocity could be incredibly low so that in the time frame you do not see the change. 2. Defined convective velocity could have a wrong sign convention. Suresh

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.06.2013, 05:21 GMT-4
It's not possible to upload the file its saying 'file size error'. I tried clearing all the solution and plots and then uploading but it did'nt happen.
Please help me out...
It's not possible to upload the file its saying 'file size error'. I tried clearing all the solution and plots and then uploading but it did'nt happen. Please help me out...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.