Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Deformed Geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a lo of questions and responses related to that but I haven't been able to find a proper solution to the problem I have.

Basically, I have a first geometry (domains 1 and 2) which is deformed by gravity (step1). I would like to have the initial condition of step2 being the result of step1 (i.e., the deformed geometry and the stress field). Then still in step2, I want to build a new domain on top of the deformed initial geometry.

what i did:
1- I run one first model and stationary study for domains 1 & 2,
2- I right-clicked the Solution1 to Remesh deform configuration
3- I right-clicked the Deformed Configuration 1 to export it as a COMSOL Multiphysics binary file
4- I created a second model
5- I imported in the geometry the Binary file (created in step 3)

The first problem is that the imported geometry is not deformed.

Without considering this,
6- I create my Domain 3
7- I create a second Solid Mechanics and apply all the physical param to the boundaries and domains

Second problem is how do I set up the Initial Stess and Strain in the domains 1 and 2 from Study1?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Nicolas

3 Replies Last Post 11.10.2013, 00:53 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 21.05.2013, 21:33 GMT-4
here is the model
here is the model

Fnu Mohammed Taqiuddin

Posted: 1 decade ago 10.10.2013, 11:40 GMT-4
Hi,Nicolas

i have the same problem,
you were able to figure it out?
please let me know if you got any update on it.

many thanks
Hi,Nicolas i have the same problem, you were able to figure it out? please let me know if you got any update on it. many thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 11.10.2013, 00:53 GMT-4
Hi,

I think you need to setup the moving mesh which is in mathematics > deformed mesh.

thanks.
Hi, I think you need to setup the moving mesh which is in mathematics > deformed mesh. thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.