Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid flow with a moving solid object/hole

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would like to model the airflow in a room occupied with people, and to allow the people (cylinders) to move around in the room. Is this possible in COMSOL?

For a silly example in 2D: I have a rectangular domain with a circle inside. Two opposing sides of the rectangle are defined as inflow and outflow for a turbulent flow physics respectively. How can I make the circle change position inside the rectangle as a function of time?

Any help much appreciated!

/Daniel

2 Replies Last Post 04.06.2013, 08:03 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 30.05.2013, 11:06 GMT-4
Hi Daniel,

Take a look at this example, that may help you to solve your problem.

Good luck,

Paul
Hi Daniel, Take a look at this example, that may help you to solve your problem. Good luck, Paul

Posted: 1 decade ago 04.06.2013, 08:03 GMT-4
Dear Jean-Paul,

I wolud like to have a look to your simulation "ACO 2xMOV OBJ 1xSliding along W Auto-Remesh 2013-05-30NS" but I can´t open it, because I don´t have the "pressure acoustics, Transient (actd) module " license. Could you explain me how to put the object moving?

Best regard,

Diana Fidalgo
Dear Jean-Paul, I wolud like to have a look to your simulation "ACO 2xMOV OBJ 1xSliding along W Auto-Remesh 2013-05-30NS" but I can´t open it, because I don´t have the "pressure acoustics, Transient (actd) module " license. Could you explain me how to put the object moving? Best regard, Diana Fidalgo

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.