Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Model coupling from 2D-axi to 3D in fluid flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello^^
I'm simulating an electrostatic precipitator, as uploaded picture.

In this, the geometry can be considered as a symmetric cylinder, so I think the laminar flow module can be solved in 2D-axisymmetric model, and this result can be reasonable compared to the real physics.
However, particle tracing module in 2D-axi doesn't seem to follow the real physics.

So here, I want to simulate laminar flow module in 2D-axi, and particle tracing module in 3D.
Integration coupling variables can be a good method for this, but it does not give me a good result.
Is there anybody who can deal with this problem?
Or, just you can suggest any opinion^^ I want to listen to many thinking of you.

Take care
CH2

0 Replies Last Post 15.04.2013, 03:23 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chang-Ho Han

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.