Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to restart COMSOL in parallel mode with a previous solution as the initial value?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am using COMSOL 3.5a in parallel mode (shared memory parallelism) to solve a computationally huge problem.

But when I stop the simulation at an intermediate time and again run it with the solution at the last time as the initial value (by specifying the initial value as the current solution / stored solution in the Solver Manager dialogue box), COMSOL is not taking the previous solution as the initial value. It takes the initial value as zero always.

Is this true with this version of COMSOL when used in parallel mode?

Is it possible to upload the initial values as a text file?

Any suggestion regarding this will be of great help to me.

Regards,
Seetha

0 Replies Last Post 24.03.2013, 07:53 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Seetha

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.