Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

magnetic shielding with mumetal(nonlinear - saturation)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I need some help with my model....
I have a 3D sim, A current line that generates my field and a mumetal infinite plane(1m*1m*0.5mm)
The 0.5mm is the thickness of my mumetal. I have 0.5T on the surface of the shield and i want to see the B behind the shield.
a.I use relative permeability constant at 7000.
b. I use a non-linear equation with saturation for relative permeability
μr= 1+[(μrmax-1)^(-1) + (μ0*/Η/ / B_sat)^(1/n)] ^(-1)
where mu_rmax=7000, B_sat=0.7T and n=1
c. I use the B-H and H-B curves filling them with my data curves.
Am I correct in any way of these models or I need some refinements to be more precise;
I can see the saturation and the B-H curve; How we can change the scales from a plot in comsol;
Also I attach some photos of my model.
Thanks in advance.

6 Replies Last Post 22.02.2013, 06:05 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.02.2013, 10:10 GMT-5
Hi

first of all, isnt it easier to model that as a 2D cut view (independent of Z) with out of plane flow (Z) of the current, in 2D

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi first of all, isnt it easier to model that as a 2D cut view (independent of Z) with out of plane flow (Z) of the current, in 2D -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.02.2013, 13:35 GMT-5
Hi Ivar, thank you for your reply.
I'll try the 2D cut as you said! I have no problem with the 3D run time sim.
When i use the non linear relation for μr in 3D i receive a n error window....and when i use the BH-HB curve i've got the same result just as the model with μr=const=7000 .
I didn't understand extactly the second part of your saying about the without current flow on z? You mean that when i use the 2D cut this is an option of the geometry?
Thanks again!!
Hi Ivar, thank you for your reply. I'll try the 2D cut as you said! I have no problem with the 3D run time sim. When i use the non linear relation for μr in 3D i receive a n error window....and when i use the BH-HB curve i've got the same result just as the model with μr=const=7000 . I didn't understand extactly the second part of your saying about the without current flow on z? You mean that when i use the 2D cut this is an option of the geometry? Thanks again!!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.02.2013, 00:54 GMT-5
Hi

Indeed, in 2D you can have current flow along Z the perpendicular direction, or in plane along a combination of X.Y

It's just easier/quicker to debug in 2D, then run a 3D model. For the BH have you checked the Model Library files with saturation iron cases, that gives you the indications how correctly map in the non-linear B-H mode

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Indeed, in 2D you can have current flow along Z the perpendicular direction, or in plane along a combination of X.Y It's just easier/quicker to debug in 2D, then run a 3D model. For the BH have you checked the Model Library files with saturation iron cases, that gives you the indications how correctly map in the non-linear B-H mode -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 19.02.2013, 03:32 GMT-5
Hi Ivar ,

I didn't see all the models at the library but I'll ckeck it out...and I'll inform you about my progress.

Thanks, for your time!
Hi Ivar , I didn't see all the models at the library but I'll ckeck it out...and I'll inform you about my progress. Thanks, for your time!

Posted: 1 decade ago 22.02.2013, 04:43 GMT-5
Hello Ivar,
I don't want to bother you but I need your lights.
As far as I understand materials/ACDC modules is your specialty.
I want to upload a model but it is about fluids flow.
I dont know how to do it due to its size(60ΜΒ)...Any ideas??
If you have time and i achieve to upload it, could you check it?You or someone else on this field.
Model :
I want to load a chamber with Argon but inside it i have already air. And I want to see in which way the argon is moving inside the chamber and its concentration. This is a time dependent model, so my last question : Comsol multiphysics counts real time in sec or this is about the time dependent differential equations?
Thanks in advance
Hello Ivar, I don't want to bother you but I need your lights. As far as I understand materials/ACDC modules is your specialty. I want to upload a model but it is about fluids flow. I dont know how to do it due to its size(60ΜΒ)...Any ideas?? If you have time and i achieve to upload it, could you check it?You or someone else on this field. Model : I want to load a chamber with Argon but inside it i have already air. And I want to see in which way the argon is moving inside the chamber and its concentration. This is a time dependent model, so my last question : Comsol multiphysics counts real time in sec or this is about the time dependent differential equations? Thanks in advance

Posted: 1 decade ago 22.02.2013, 06:05 GMT-5
Hi

its far easier to upload models once they are reset :

Edit - clear all solution, clear all mesh, File - reset history then save as with a new name and upload ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi its far easier to upload models once they are reset : Edit - clear all solution, clear all mesh, File - reset history then save as with a new name and upload ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.