Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing Error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,
i want to attach the electrodes to the boundary of my model , but when i am try to mesh or add the sub domains, it shows me error
"Could not resolve subdomain relations"
could you please tell why it is coming?

3 Replies Last Post 13.02.2013, 08:16 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.02.2013, 11:03 GMT-5
Hi

that has to do with the way COMSOL manage to understand your model assembly, try to group it or convert the different items into a "solid", that might help, or it's just that your points and lines "almost" match, but not fully numerically (there were different resolution relative and absolute values too, somewhere back in 3.5 ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that has to do with the way COMSOL manage to understand your model assembly, try to group it or convert the different items into a "solid", that might help, or it's just that your points and lines "almost" match, but not fully numerically (there were different resolution relative and absolute values too, somewhere back in 3.5 ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 12.02.2013, 22:21 GMT-5
Hello,

Thanks for the explanation, can we say that it can be solve by changing COMSOL version?
and also i am getting this error when i am adding "Union" the two objects
"Internal error in geometry decomposition."
why this happened
Hello, Thanks for the explanation, can we say that it can be solve by changing COMSOL version? and also i am getting this error when i am adding "Union" the two objects "Internal error in geometry decomposition." why this happened

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.02.2013, 08:16 GMT-5
Hi
there can be very many reasons, even simle geometry can be rather complex from the point of view of topology decomposition and recombination.

newer versions tend to be better, but it might not be enough for your model, impossible for us to tell like that

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there can be very many reasons, even simle geometry can be rather complex from the point of view of topology decomposition and recombination. newer versions tend to be better, but it might not be enough for your model, impossible for us to tell like that -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.