Objective function for time-dependent optimization in thin film simulation

Joan Castello Belenguer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I recently started working on COMSOL to solve a problem on a 2D squeeze film gas-lubrication. I want to perform a time-dependent optimization, however I am encountering some issues.

As my geometry is a short height cylinder surface which represents the profile, and the pressure is evaluated around the circular surface. My idea is to perform the time dependent optimisation is to use a Squared Error function.

The idea is to minimize the value of the function to find the steady stable pressure range of the system. However, I am not able to introduce the pfilm dependent variable, for which the Thin-Film Flow (tff) module is solving, as a variable in the objective function, however Comsol returns a message saying that the variable pfilm is not defined, also I tried using "tff.pfilm". I also tried using the average operator and integral operator but returns the same error.

I dont have that much experience with comsol yet, is anyone able to help me or provide any hints?

Thank you! Joan

1 Reply Last Post 16.10.2024, 03:22 GMT-4
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 days ago 16.10.2024, 03:22 GMT-4

Maybe "comp1.tff.pfilm" instead, if the variable in question actually exists? Don't know anything about the physics though.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
Maybe "comp1.tff.pfilm" instead, if the variable in question actually exists? Don't know anything about the physics though.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.