Microwave Resonator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Trying to model a superconducting microwave resonator. The model I have attached has the conducting plane material with a very high electrical conductivity (10^99 S/m). Also the Perfect electric boundary condition is used on those boundaries. In real world application, these selections might not be the best choice to model superconductivity as there might exist some Kinetic Inductance due to the Cooper pairs. For this I thought to add a complex valued electrical conductivity (purely imaginary, j/mu_0const(λ_L^2)2pifreq) to the material. So,

1. Just by adding a purely imaginary complex conductivity to the material instead of 10^99 S/m will be okay (PEC stays)?

2. If it requires that I add an impedance boundary condition (by replacing PEC, on the same boundaries), I am unable to do that as it is inside the vaccum block (the way it will be on a Printed Circuit Board in real world application). If I try to remove domain 2 from emw node, anything I try, I get errors that Uniform element 1 & 2 should be placed between two conductive boundaries.

I feel the ports are defined correctly and it is only the ways in which I choose to apply the conditions create the problem.

Please suggest any steps (which conditions on which boundaries) or any kind of modifications (geometrical) I can make to achieve it.

Study: emw study to observe S21 plot-resonant frequencies ,These are CPW lines

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.