Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error: The object 'Type: Save Point Geometry Tag: geom1' is not contained in a resource.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all-

I have been working on a model for some time, and just trying to optimize the solver settings. I saved the model today, and then opened it up again to work on it, and now get this error for any study that I try to run.

The object 'Type: Save Point Geometry
Tag: geom1' is not contained in a resource.

Any idea what that even means?

(I'm using version 4.3, fluid-structure interaction and particle tracing)

Thanks as always!

3 Replies Last Post 22.01.2013, 23:52 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kamala McNaul

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.12.2012, 14:36 GMT-5
I am getting the same error on my rotating magnetic machinery 2d model. I had the file open for a number of days and had used it multiple times, then last night I saved it again (I think after putting my mac to sleep and going home then reopening the screen - possible debugging). When I went to open it, it had no problems, but as I create incremental models, I wanted to start a new modified version. So, when I went to save the file I got this error. It didn't matter whether I saved it with a save or a save as, it just fails consistently. Let me know if you learn anything on this.
I am getting the same error on my rotating magnetic machinery 2d model. I had the file open for a number of days and had used it multiple times, then last night I saved it again (I think after putting my mac to sleep and going home then reopening the screen - possible debugging). When I went to open it, it had no problems, but as I create incremental models, I wanted to start a new modified version. So, when I went to save the file I got this error. It didn't matter whether I saved it with a save or a save as, it just fails consistently. Let me know if you learn anything on this.

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.01.2013, 22:17 GMT-5

Hello
You can come out from this problem just by clearing the previous results of the working model.

Edit>>Clear all solutions

--
IIT Delhi
Hello You can come out from this problem just by clearing the previous results of the working model. Edit>>Clear all solutions -- IIT Delhi

Posted: 1 decade ago 22.01.2013, 23:52 GMT-5
Thank you!
Thank you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.