Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inconsistent units

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The software shows that the units of a variable i defined are inconsistent. The expression is: i0*(2.718^((a*Faraday*ao/(R*T))[J/(VsA)])*-2.718^(((-1)*c*Faraday*ao/(R*T))[J/(VsA)]))

And the units of the parameters are:
i0: [mA/cm^3]
Faraday: [sA/mol]
R: [J/(mol
K)]
T: [K]
ao: [V]
a: no unit
c: no unit

I don't know how to modify the expression and hope to receive replies!

1 Reply Last Post 05.09.2022, 09:10 GMT-4
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 05.09.2022, 09:10 GMT-4

Hi Qian,

With all the parentheses sorted out, I don't see any inconsistent units in this expression. I would recommend starting with one term and making sure that all units and parentheses are correct in that term before proceeding with the rest of a complicated expression.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi Qian, With all the parentheses sorted out, I don't see any inconsistent units in this expression. I would recommend starting with one term and making sure that all units and parentheses are correct in that term before proceeding with the rest of a complicated expression. Best regards, Magnus

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.