Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to export the x,y,z coordinates

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I created 7x7x7 cubical shape and want to export the x,y,z coordinates in the pattern that I want as attached. Please help me.

1 Reply Last Post 24.08.2012, 19:11 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 24.08.2012, 19:11 GMT-4
Hi,

You can get nodal or integration point coordinates through a simple command in matlab, if this is what you are seeking. But you can put it in any format.

% have to load mph here
model = mphload('filename');
info = mphxmeshinfo(model,'solname', 'sol1', 'studysteptag', 'st1');

'info' is a structure and has all information.

I guess you could also export directly from the GUI in mphtxt format which should give similar information, but I have never used this.

Suresh
Hi, You can get nodal or integration point coordinates through a simple command in matlab, if this is what you are seeking. But you can put it in any format. % have to load mph here model = mphload('filename'); info = mphxmeshinfo(model,'solname', 'sol1', 'studysteptag', 'st1'); 'info' is a structure and has all information. I guess you could also export directly from the GUI in mphtxt format which should give similar information, but I have never used this. Suresh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.