Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2d loop problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello everyone

What I´m trying to do is to model a magnetic field mitigation system installed in the proximities of underground three-phase power cables in flat formation, which causes the magnetic field I want to mitigate. The mitigation system is done by installing low voltage cables that form a loop. In this loop, the magnetic field I want to mitigate induces currents which create an opposite magnetic field that cancels the field generated by the power cables. To get better mitigation efficiency, the loop impedance can be compensated including a capacitor. This capacitor uses to have so large capacitance values, but can be reduce by using a multi-turn loop, as shown in my sketch (see attached file). So my model has to be an ACDC 2D (non axi) quasi-static magnetic problem with perpendicular induction currents (time harmonic analysis). Of course, skin effects must be included. Since I want to use low voltage cables with cross sections about 120mm2, I don´t think that simulate them as a single turn by adapting area/volume and current is a good choice. Also, later I would like to add thermal coupling, so it would be needed to model the insulation and protection layers that form each cable.

thank you for your help

0 Replies Last Post 19.05.2022, 04:41 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yahia Boualleg

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.